Downtown: Take 2

I recently had the pleasure of meeting up with a friend of mine from Ryerson University, where we both completed an undergraduate degree in Food and Nutrition. Here's a picture of us at convocation in 2015, back when I briefly had straight bangs (never again)!


While we only met in 3rd year, we became fast friends. I even dressed up as her for Halloween one year (unfortunately, no pictures were taken so I have none to share).

You are probably asking yourself how we managed to meet up halfway across the world. While my friend does not have a partner currently doing a postdoc at the Technion, she does have a special tie to this sacred land as she is Jewish. After convocation, she moved to Jerusalem where she has been living for some time with relatives.

By some stroke of genius (or madness, who's to say?) she happened to get an internship at the Rambam Hospital in downtown Haifa. She'll be there until the end of September, exactly when the doctor's postdoc finishes. Of course we had to meet up! She came to me and I showed her around the Technion, and I went to her and we walked along the beach. Here are a few pictures from our days together.



Comments

  1. Hmmm. Does the Rambam Hospital accept volunteers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually been in contact with someone that works there since January and am trying to secure a volunteer position. There are unfortunately a lot of barriers to overcome when volunteering in a hospital! Trying to be patient.

      Delete

Post a Comment