Weather

A lot of you have been asking 'What's the weather like in Haifa?' Using the full extent of my literary talents, describing as eloquently as possible, I can only offer one word: hot. Articulate, I know.

Rather than describe the weather, I thought I would show it to some extent. I've taken some screen shots of The Weather Network's page to highlight the differences between Toronto and Israel weather.

When we arrived at the end of March and all throughout April, the weather was very nice. Cool enough to wear pants during the day and requiring a sweater in the evening. In Toronto, the remnants of winter still hung in the air with temperatures in the single digits and not a ray of sunshine in sight.



Over the last few weeks, the temperature has been slowly climbing in Haifa, getting as high as 37 degrees! Conversely, Toronto's weather has remained mostly unchanged with the exception of some frost warnings, although I saw that there was one nice day in the 20s.




Luckily the heat in Haifa is much dryer than that of Toronto, making it more tolerable. Additionally, it can be quite windy here which helps to alleviate the oppression nature of very high heats. With the full potential of summer yet to be reached, my winter-loving self and pale-af skin foresee many indoor days ahead!

Comments