Convocation

Convocation is just about the most fun you could have sitting down for an hour and twenty eight minutes, standing for a minute and a half, and then walking for 30 seconds, all while being mostly quiet.

Just kidding, we were far from quiet!

I jest, I jest! Convocation was a blast!

When the doctor's PhD defense was slated for the same day as my Masters convocation, I knew I had to scrounge up $1000 for a plane ticket home so I could celebrate the doctor's achievements while also celebrating my own. I decided to make the occasion even more special by only telling a select few people about my return, while leaving all of my classmates in the dark - and boy were they surprised!

The day was hot and toasty, made even more so by our black (and very prestigious) gowns, but nothing could stop us from laughing, smiling, reminiscing, and taking some great photos. Speaking of which...






It was a great last convocation for me - because after 10 years of post secondary education I am definitely ready to retire my student hat and move far away from hefty tuition fees!

Comments