Life After Israel

As previously promised, here is a post on what the doctor and I will be up to once our time is up in Israel.

As of Thursday, October 12th 2017, the doctor will officially be done his 6 month-plus post-doc at the Israel Institute of Technology, just in time for us to catch a flight out on Friday the 13th!! Good thing neither of us are superstitious *finger crossed* *knock on wood*. The destination:

Vienna, Austria!

The doctor will be starting a one year post-doc at the Institute of Science and Technology Austria. It's an exciting opportunity for the doctor to continue to collaborate with those in his field around the world!

Before his post-doc officially begins, the doctor will be attending the International Symposium on Distributed Computing (DISC), co-located with six workshops on various topics. At this conference, he will be presenting on two accepted papers, as well as giving an invited talk--a true hallmark of excellence in the field of computer science.

After the stress of his various talks and presentations are over, I look forward to celebrating the doctor's achievements and exploring everything Vienna has to offer. I won't have much time to sight-see as I have to be back in Canada by the end of November to write the Canadian Dietetic Registration Exam, which I'll be studying for over the next two months.


With my birthday, an international move, a conference, and a qualifying exam coming up, the doctor and I are busier than ever! I'll continue to try and make time to update this blog.

Up next: Highlights from our trip to Greece!!

Comments